POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Involute spur gear : Re: Involute spur gear Server Time
29 Apr 2024 12:08:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Involute spur gear
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 18 Dec 2018 12:03:04
Message: <5c192848$1@news.povray.org>
Le 18/12/2018 à 03:08, StephenS a écrit :
> On 2018-12-17 7:40 p.m., StephenS wrote:
>> I think I should start with something easier, planetary gears
>> (epicyclic gears). Then work my way up to something with more parts.
> ...30 tooth inside
> 4 x 10 tooth outside
>
> Comments Welcome:
>
> Stephen S

Margins are missing.

The head of tooth should not touch the foot of the opposite gear.

The part of teeth which get in contact should follow Euler's work, the
remaining part is irrelevant as long as it does not block the movement.

For less noise, consider a slanted rolling profil along depth (missing
the english word for that), and possibly a mirrored construction like
Citroën.

contact between any two gears should be limited to one pair of teeths,
one tooth per gear. (make teeth smaller).

Spur gear NEED a holding axis artefact.