POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Involute spur gear : Re: Involute spur gear Server Time
28 Apr 2024 07:42:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Involute spur gear
From: StephenS
Date: 17 Dec 2018 19:40:38
Message: <5c184206@news.povray.org>
On 2018-12-16 10:54 p.m., StephenS wrote:
> Three of the gears I've cut from sheet metal (thirteen in total) and
> some I've modeled.

I'll need to wait for more material to show up.

I think I should start with something easier, planetary gears (epicyclic
gears). Then work my way up to something with more parts.

The gears are generated from a web site,
http://hessmer.org/gears/InvoluteSpurGearBuilder.html

I download the .dxf file, feed it into the Plasma Cutter, grind some of
the rough edges.

I model a gear tooth, from the .dxf file, into a prism{}.

Stephen S

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gear_pic_.png' (1127 KB)