POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RMS Titanic : Re: RMS Titanic Server Time
29 Apr 2024 11:07:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RMS Titanic
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 16 Dec 2018 15:51:05
Message: <5c16bab9@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 14.12.18 13:33, Stephen wrote:

> I have downloaded some blueprints from
> http://www.abratis.de/sources/pictures/blue.html

Very interesting site! Not so much when it comes to model Belle Epoque
ocean liners (Khyberspace is a landlocked country!)... but sometimes I
day-dream about a 10,000-millimetre hyper-wide gauge railway system,
with trains up to 20 kms long, consisting of six-storey passenger cars
with all kinds of luxury amenities (concert halls, cinemas, shopping
centres, swimming pools, indoor skiing, amusement parks and much more -
true cities on rails!), pulled by monstrous nuclear fusion powered
locomotives.

For building its tracks, mountain ranges will have to be dynamited away
and entire cities to be relocated... the famous-infamous (only
projected, but never actually built) Nazi Breitspurbahn (3,000
millimetre gauge) will be dwarfed to a pathetic toy beside my railway
system!

When it comes to interior design, the Titanic might be an inspiring model...

See you in Khyberspace

Yadgar