POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay uses just half of many cores : Re: POVRay uses just half of many cores Server Time
24 Apr 2024 20:12:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay uses just half of many cores
From: clipka
Date: 10 Dec 2018 06:20:05
Message: <5c0e4be5$1@news.povray.org>
Am 10.12.2018 um 10:20 schrieb Mirfaelltkeinerein:
> Ok, I have to admit, that I have little knowledge about it.
> I'm just hoping, that in future releases POVRay can use all available resources
> under Windows, too.

It should be possible to utilize multiple processor groups by running
multiple instances of POV-Ray, each using a different processor group.

The problem there is that programs are assigned to processor groups in a
round-robin fashion, so if any other program happens to be started in
the background between running the POV-Ray instances, they'll happen to
be assigned to the same processor group.