POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wooden Footpath in Concrete Jungle (WIP) : Re: Wooden Footpath in Concrete Jungle (WIP) Server Time
2 May 2024 17:12:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wooden Footpath in Concrete Jungle (WIP)
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 10 Dec 2018 00:46:08
Message: <5c0dfda0$1@news.povray.org>
On 09.12.18 21:18, MichaelJF wrote:

> Hello Yadgar,
> I have some difficulties in understanding your post. I cannot see a
> connection between the Roman Colosseum and automobiles.

It's not about the Colosseum in Rome, but the same-named progressive
rock band... on their 1969 album "Valentyne Suite" one title is "The
Machine Demands A Sacrifice" - taken as cynical allusion to the "car
worship" of modern societies and its deadly consequences.

> The only
> personal connection I have is that I passed the Colosseum by riding an
> atac-Bus this year to reach the St. Sebastian catacombs at Rome. If I
> could afford it, which is not the case, I would really like to move to
> Rome, the most fascinating city I ever visited.

Yes, indeed... I visited Rome 30 years ago, and I surely would do so
again - but this time in summer, not in early March!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar