POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wooden Footpath in Concrete Jungle (WIP) : Re: Wooden Footpath in Concrete Jungle (WIP) Server Time
2 May 2024 22:36:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wooden Footpath in Concrete Jungle (WIP)
From: dick balaska
Date: 7 Dec 2018 16:30:25
Message: <5c0ae671$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/7/18 3:58 PM, Alain wrote:
> Le 18-12-06 à 18:46, MichaelJF a écrit :
>>>
>>> Your sacrificial virgin is walking the wrong way.
>>>

>> As all I learned about the Mayas so far, they sacrificed their
>> enemies. May be Tikal vs. Calakmul. They raided each other and
>> sacrificed the captured soldiers and rulers but I never learned about
>> the sacrifice of virgins. The Mayas were cruel people for sure, but
>> please give proof to your statement.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Michael
>
> It seems that they also sacrificed volunteers. It looks like it could be
> an honour to give one's life to the gods, in the most literal sense you
> can think of.

How about boys.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-sacrifice/ancient-maya-sacrificed-boys-not-virgin-girls-study-idUSWRI32680820080123

"Archeologist Guillermo de Anda from the University of Yucatan pieced
together the bones of 127 bodies discovered at the bottom of one of
Chichen Itza’s sacred caves and found over 80 percent were likely boys
between the ages of 3 and 11."

--
dik
Rendered 1024 of 921600 pixels (0%)