POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Old media blob issue leading to a look at sturm / polysolve. : Re: Old media blob issue leading to a look at sturm / polysolve. Server Time
3 May 2024 06:51:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old media blob issue leading to a look at sturm / polysolve.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 25 Nov 2018 11:18:25
Message: <5bfacb51$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/30/18 8:21 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:
> In continuing to look at media I returned to a 'blob-media' issue Gail
> Shaw originally posted back in 2005.

A long time since I posted here on the progress I guess... Still hacking
- just proving hard to get everything dependent on polysolve to
something mostly 'fixed.'

Yesterday, Johannes (j13r) posted in newusers a scene where he was
trying to create a scene using torus shapes and media to create
something like solar flares on the surface of a disk. A slightly
modified version without lights makes for a pretty good poster for
current media issues compared to my current working branch with better
solvers/shape code, my current version of the change proposed in:
https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/pull/358 and the internal small
tolerance at 1e-6 instead of 1e-3.

The current v3.8 on the left, my patched branch in the middle and the
differences (artifacts) shown on the right. The scene was modified for
no lights and run with the flags: +w600 +h300 Corona.pov -j +p +a in
both cases.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'coronaa_to_coronab.jpg' (21 KB)

Preview of image 'coronaa_to_coronab.jpg'
coronaa_to_coronab.jpg