POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object inside opaque media : Re: Object inside opaque media Server Time
15 May 2024 16:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object inside opaque media
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Nov 2018 12:44:39
Message: <5be86a87$1@news.povray.org>
On 11-11-2018 17:43, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 11-11-2018 15:26, Shuffle wrote:
>> Ok, many thanks everyone for your replies, I'll try to answer to all
>> of them,
>> but most suggestions don't apply to my problem or have already been
>> tried... so
>> I hope to also clarify what I actually need.
>>

>>> Thomas de Groot: The following is about the best I can get
>> Thank you for your time and efforts :-) but unless you used some special
>> rendering options, when I rendered it the atmosphere is way too bright
>> and the
>> sphere can still be distinctly seen through the media.
>>

>> More ideas welcome :-)
>>
>> PS: this is a professional need, so unfortunately I cannot let go...
>>

> I have been thinking since. In RL, atmosphere is always more or less
> transparent. What you need is a second media to simulate a cloud layer.
> I shall look into that tomorrow.

Faster than light ;-)

I include a scene with a cloud layer. Please play around with
MediaScale1 and MediaScale2 as those determine the aspect/thickness of
the media.

I do not use any special rendering options. See image in p.b.i.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'planet media_test.pov.txt' (3 KB)