POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Colour from single trace : Re: Colour from single trace Server Time
26 Apr 2024 03:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colour from single trace
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 11 Nov 2018 03:43:24
Message: <5be7ebac$1@news.povray.org>
Le 10/11/2018 à 05:20, And a écrit :
> "Paul Bourke" <pau### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> I am aware of the trace macro that returns the intersection point and normal at
>> that point on a object given a ray (point and direction). But is there a way to
>> get the colour?
>
> I want this function, too. But I want it for UV map...

UV mapping of object does make sense (in term of trace), but I'm still
perplex about getting the colour...

There could be more than a single texture (layered), or a complex
texture, and there is finish too which can interfere (a white pigment
with a mirror finish reflecting a complex environment).

So, when asking for "colour" at intersection point, what is expected ?
#1: the colour (<r,g,b>) of the point as it would appear on a rendered
image (e.g. a white sphere in the dark would return black)
#2: the intrinsect colour(<r,g,b>) of the object at that point (e.g. a
white sphere in the dark would return white)

(Yes, I'm repeating C.Lipka's question, because it went unanswered)