POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RMS Titanic : Re: RMS Titanic Server Time
1 Jun 2024 02:35:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RMS Titanic
From: Stephen
Date: 6 Nov 2018 05:37:29
Message: <5be16ee9$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/11/2018 09:22, clipka wrote:
> Am 06.11.2018 um 10:05 schrieb Ton:
>> Here is a first try with Sven's Mississippi steamer, and my steamship
>> Titanic.
>> Both models aren't finished yet, a Work In Progress you might say, but
>> here they
>> are.
>> The scale is the same, Sven's model is 1m/1unit, mine is 1'/1unit

Is that one foot per Pov unit?

, so
>> I scaled
>> the riverboat by 100/30.48 (12 inch, 1 foot, I am getting clever with the
>> imperial system!).
>
> Are you sure the scale is right? The riverboat seems rather oversized to
> me, given how humongously large the Titanic allegedly was.

Everything is bigger than life. In those Southern States. ;)

I reckon that the largest of the riverboats would be about a third the
length of the Titanic.

Titanic: 882'
Mississippi steamboat: 300'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steamboats_of_the_Mississippi#Construction_of_the_vessels