POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Implementation of dynamically resized array : Re: Implementation of dynamically resized array Server Time
26 Apr 2024 17:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Implementation of dynamically resized array
From: clipka
Date: 3 Nov 2018 09:30:59
Message: <5bdda313$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.11.2018 um 00:26 schrieb Bald Eagle:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
>> should work if you get rid of the initial dimension, ie
>>
>> #local ToothPrismArray = array;
>

> I commented that out, and now
>
> #local ToothPrismArray [0] = <_RC, _RC>;
>
> gives me "Expected '=', [ found instead.

Make sure you have NOT un-commented the semicolon.

Without the semicolon, POV-Ray will continue scanning for an opening
square bracket. The next `#local` is /not/ sufficient for POV-Ray to
recognize that you're done declaring the array; instead, POV-Ray will
just postpone parsing the array declaration, expecting it to be
continued after the second `#local`. So you'll end up with an attempt to
assign an array element before the array even exists, and POV-Ray gets
all confused.