POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RMS Titanic : Re: RMS Titanic Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:58:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RMS Titanic
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Oct 2018 08:03:51
Message: <5bd6f727@news.povray.org>
On 29-10-2018 10:17, Stephen wrote:
> On 29/10/2018 07:44, Thomas de Groot wrote:

>>> riveting steel.
>>
>> That is indeed true. Lets wait for the completed hull before
>> assembling the jury again. ;-)
>>

> Bear in mind that it is the superstructure not the hull. I would expect
> the steel plates to be cut and shaped to a wooden pattern built by
> carpenters from drawings for each part.
> If you want an idea of what shipbuilding was like 30 years later. Look

> https://tinyurl.com/y88hd9co

This is brilliant! Thanks for the link. I shall put that aside for
future reference/use in some scene or other. Inspiring.

Reminds me of Christopher Richard Wynne Nevinson. One of his paintings
appears on the book cover of David Landes' "The Wealth and Poverty of
Nations". Good read.

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/120405051718-titanic-ship-cobh-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'wealth and poverty of nations.jpg' (39 KB)

Preview of image 'wealth and poverty of nations.jpg'
wealth and poverty of nations.jpg