POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RMS Titanic : Re: RMS Titanic Server Time
5 Jul 2024 12:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RMS Titanic
From: Stephen
Date: 29 Oct 2018 05:17:53
Message: <5bd6d041$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/10/2018 07:44, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 29-10-2018 7:36, dick balaska wrote:
>>>>

>>> Yes. There still seems to be a hint of angles in the curve though. Could
>>> to be solved with a bit higher resolution of the mesh.
>>>

>> riveting steel.
>
> That is indeed true. Lets wait for the completed hull before assembling
> the jury again. ;-)

Bear in mind that it is the superstructure not the hull. I would expect
the steel plates to be cut and shaped to a wooden pattern built by
carpenters from drawings for each part.
If you want an idea of what shipbuilding was like 30 years later. Look

https://tinyurl.com/y88hd9co

>> I can only find one picture of the stern (lots of drawings of it in the
>> air though...)

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/120405051718-titanic-ship-cobh-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Nice find. :)

--