POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh_camera : Re: mesh_camera Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:06:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh_camera
From: clipka
Date: 28 Oct 2018 07:18:01
Message: <5bd59ae9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 28.10.2018 um 05:23 schrieb Paul Bourke:
> Thanks for the pointers.
> Not for ODS, but rather "inverse panoramas", some examples here
>      http://paulbourke.net/miscellaneous/inversepano/
> Multiplicity of viewpoints on the exterior of an object. The ones there
> currently are cylindrical, doing spherical (equirectangular) now.

That's some fascinating work.

I'd certainly recommend `user_defined` camera for this purpose, as you
"only" need to plug in formulas, don't have to wrap your brain around
making a corresponding mesh, and don't get excessive memory requirements
at high resolutions.

As long as the functions don't do anything particularly fancy, I don't
expect render speed to be a problem. At the very least it should beat
the mesh camera hands down anytime.