POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shot glass test : Re: Shot glass test, with liquid Server Time
29 Apr 2024 07:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shot glass test, with liquid
From: StephenS
Date: 25 Oct 2018 18:08:28
Message: <5bd23edc$1@news.povray.org>
On 2018-10-25 1:58 p.m., Stephen wrote:
> I thought that I would try this with a transparent texture.
> Unfortunately this is the best I could get. Your method is better.
> I used a png with a RGB=0 set to transparent. You can see the darkened
> area of the transparent part of the image map. Also the copy of the
> image at the back is a question mark. It is not a reflection.

My texture is:

#declare Nova_Scotia_Crest_ =
texture {
   pigment {
     image_map{
       png
"E:/Documents/Bishop3d/Objects/Glass_containers/Nova_Scotia_image.png"
       map_type 0
       once
     }
     scale     <1.000,1.250,1.000>
     translate <-0.500,0.750,0.000>
   }

}

I think all of the magic is in the alpha channel, in a graphics program
(Gimp) it looks like a black/white mask.

Stephen S