POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shot glass test : Re: Shot glass test, with liquid Server Time
29 Apr 2024 09:11:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shot glass test, with liquid
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Oct 2018 13:58:16
Message: <5bd20438@news.povray.org>
On 24/10/2018 22:26, StephenS wrote:
> On 2018-10-21 2:22 p.m., StephenS wrote:
>> I am hoping this will become a fair representation of a glass I own.
>
> First test with liquid. I'm not happy with the background normal.
>
> I may have to buy a suitable liquid for a shot glass, for research
> purposes.

I went through a crate of Red Stripe to get the shape of the bottle
right. That and recording the "ching" of bottles hitting each other.
Suffer for your art. Is what I say. ;)

> Stephen S

I thought that I would try this with a transparent texture.
Unfortunately this is the best I could get. Your method is better.
I used a png with a RGB=0 set to transparent. You can see the darkened
area of the transparent part of the image map. Also the copy of the
image at the back is a question mark. It is not a reflection.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message