POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Continental Hub : Re: Continental Hub - final Server Time
28 Apr 2024 07:38:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Continental Hub - final
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Oct 2018 05:11:17
Message: <5bcee5b5$1@news.povray.org>
On 23-10-2018 10:06, jr wrote:
> hi,

>> This is the final version.
>
> an evocative image.  I like the added details on the structure.  which leads me
> to ask: just how big would such details need to be to be visible from Earth?
> also, can you provide the approximate dimensions please (a la Niven :-))

For the sake of the image, the details are huge, but so is the structure
itself of course. As far as dimensions are concerned,I let you make the
calculations:

The structure's basic size (in POV units) dx,dy,dz = <22.237729,
2.253802, 22.237729> is scaled 10e4 in this scene.

>> Assuming that all mega-fauna, i.e. larger  than a dog, has gone extinct.
>
> those birds look like fairly large (circling) vultures.  ;-)

Eagles, sir, eagles! But yes, they are large indeed. I was mainly
referring to the earth-bound species...

--
Thomas