POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shot glass test : Re: Shot glass test Server Time
29 Apr 2024 06:52:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shot glass test
From: StephenS
Date: 22 Oct 2018 19:02:27
Message: <5bce5703@news.povray.org>
On 2018-10-22 6:16 a.m., Stephen wrote:

> How did you apply the png?
> I think it is interfering with the glass. I have had that happen to me
> in the distant past. The clear/lighter area below the shield is a clue,
> I think.
> I am not sure if I resolved it.

For me, *.png with alpha channel/planar mapping/once. The crest is a
separate object.

I fixed the white sides/bottom by moving the crest off of the surface.
difference{
  lathe x 1.002
  lathe x 1.001
}

Stephen S

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'shot_glass_test_c.png' (2867 KB)

Preview of image 'shot_glass_test_c.png'
shot_glass_test_c.png