POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Continental Hub : Re: Continental Hub Server Time
27 Apr 2024 19:54:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Continental Hub
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Oct 2018 03:09:24
Message: <5bc98324$1@news.povray.org>
On 18-10-2018 21:07, Kenneth wrote:

>> The President of the United States In Exile (POTUSIE)...
>
> LOL!

Ah well... People do not change, do they? ;-)

> The image is beautiful-- lots of nice detail and realism. Kudos!

Thank you indeed.

> For the rocks, I would suggest burying them into the ground a little bit.
> Assuming they have been there for ages(?), the natural wind erosion of the
> ground around them would have filled in some dirt and sand. Or maybe they are
> 'fresh', from some kind of recent Earth-shattering explosion?

Yes, I was also thinking into that line. The idea is whether the ground
is mostly soft or mostly hard. It probably is in-between as the slope
represents some ancient scree surface. So, more burial of the rocks is
indicated indeed. I have already been working into that direction.

> Nice textures for the rocks, btw.

Honour where honours are due: this particular texture (as well as the
vegetation) came from a scene by Cedeaq:
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C4ca93948%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=371487&toff=200&mtop=351355

His post is the last one in this thread.

I had "rediscovered" his code and used it in:
https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C5b2b5b9a%40news.povray.org%3E/

--
Thomas