POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : X Windows display: disabled : Re: X Windows display: disabled Server Time
29 Apr 2024 07:10:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: X Windows display: disabled
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 16 Oct 2018 17:54:13
Message: <5bc65e05@news.povray.org>
Le 10/10/2018 à 22:35, Le_Forgeron a écrit :
> See you next week.

Some progress, even if I'm not yet very happy:

https://github.com/LeForgeron/povray/tree/unix/display-window

There is LibSDL2 port (exclusive for linkage with LibSDL1.2), as well as
a basic X11 (without alpha, as alpha is not handle by X11 core).

The same binary can be used to choose the X11 or libsdl via command
switch -y (2 for X11, 3 & 4 for libsdl, 1 for text), when more than one
is detected. (-y is also --preview )

X11 has an icon,  something lost in SDL port.

I got some inspiration (a lot ?) from 3.1 and 3.6, but I'm not yet sure
it is a good idea to disable the destroy window (well, intercept it, but
it get ignored). More tests to do.

The X11 display is from DISPLAY variable, so far so fine. But not yet
able to get inserted in existing window.

There was a lot of luxury in 3.6, and I just went for a basic true color
display. I have also doubt about exposure events, as there is a backing
store. (Just glad to have know that iconification dismissed backing
store, so Map event must be handled when restoring from iconic)

On animation, the previous image is kept but darkened as new background.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'povx11.png' (130 KB)

Preview of image 'povx11.png'