POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : X Windows display: disabled : Re: X Windows display: disabled Server Time
29 Apr 2024 02:10:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: X Windows display: disabled
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 5 Oct 2018 08:11:21
Message: <5bb754e9$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/04/2018 01:11 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 03/10/2018 à 20:19, William F Pokorny a écrit :
>

>> Just a note another user already has a branch of POV-Ray running with
>> SDL2. See the closed issue:
>>
>> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/issues/345
>>
>> and specifically the comments at the bottom for some details.
>>

> Thanks, I was able to find a branch with the SDL2 calls, and even
> compiled, but there must be some black magic in running SDL2 because I'm
> unable to get a window to show when doing "make check"

Ah, it's never easy as I learn every time I think it will be... :-)

I'd not before tried a compile myself. Doing that just now I'm seeing
the same thing with the lpub3d-raytracer-cui. Even running other scene
files against the built code explicitly. Ubuntu 18.04.

Hmm, a shot in the dark but let me try clang. No go.

Unsure what the black magic might be and no time to dig at the moment. I
don't think email via github works these days. I'll post a quick comment
to the closed issue about getting the SDL2 window to work.

Bill P.