POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Norbert Kern's 'Position-Finder' code-- redux : Re: Norbert Kern's 'Position-Finder' code-- redux Server Time
6 May 2024 05:41:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Norbert Kern's 'Position-Finder' code-- redux
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Sep 2018 03:39:53
Message: <5bab37c9$1@news.povray.org>
On 26-9-2018 8:32, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Something else though, troubles me from even before your work. There are
> scenes where the results from the trace are significantly away from the
> initial screen position given to the macro. I shall try to get a demo
> scene together where this is demonstrated.

I have got a test scene where the problem is demonstrated. I attach it
here, together with a slightly changed version of your position finder
and Gilles Tran's Visibility Test macro (which might be necessary). This
last one I often use to get the right zoom value for the camera in order
to calculate traces exactly within the visible screen scene. If I make
myself understood... I don't think however, from my testing, that that
influences the issue at hand in any way.

I am curious to learn what you think.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message