POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bezier-patch torus : Re: Bezier-patch torus Server Time
2 May 2024 14:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bezier-patch torus
From: clipka
Date: 19 Sep 2018 15:37:29
Message: <5ba2a579$1@news.povray.org>
Am 19.09.2018 um 18:26 schrieb Bald Eagle:
> Thanks, I'm never quite sure what to use for an image map, but this one worked
> out fairly well.
>

> Technical aside:
>
> While working on this, and reviewing the code, I noticed that the bicubic_patch
> block doesn't allow trailing commas in the list of the control points.
> Is this something that can be addressed without too much hassle?

Yes, that could be done. Actually it would simplify the parser for
bicubic patch.

I'm not even sure why an extra comma explicitly forbidden - it's rather
unusual style in POV-Ray. Maybe it was implemented before commas were
made always optional, or the person implementing this piece of the
parser didn't know that.

I'm also looking at the matrix syntax while I'm at it.