POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Unexpected double_illuminate tradeoffs : Re: Unexpected double_illuminate tradeoffs Server Time
5 May 2024 19:37:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unexpected double_illuminate tradeoffs
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 15 Sep 2018 19:49:23
Message: <5b9d9a83$1@news.povray.org>
On 2018-08-02 04:50 PM (-4), Bald Eagle wrote:
> Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
>> [1] I did not choose my country of birth, but if I ever release the
>> source code, meters will be an option.
>
> Miles, baby.  Miles.

Bad news for Americans (or any Brits pining for the goode olde days),
but I went ahead and converted the hills scale to meters.  Hey, I'm just
an American trying to keep up with the rest of the world.  To keep
things simple, the change is irreversible, #SryNotSry.  Since I have not
released the code to the public, the only existing legacy scenes are my
own, and I have already updated them.

Miles Davis is grandfathered, it goes without saying.

This rigidity of units does not apply to any shapes I might drop into
the scene.  Measuring a gemstone in meters would be rather cumbersome.