POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9811560 : Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9811560 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:00:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9811560
From: clipka
Date: 3 Sep 2018 19:02:26
Message: <5b8dbd82$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.09.2018 um 21:34 schrieb Kenneth:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>

>> No vestige of beta 4 remains!!
>
> [even further off-topic]
>
> I'm curious: Is there a way to do an automated word search (and/or partial word
> search-- "beta4" for example) of the ENTIRE Windows registry, all at once? In
> other words, to find a particular registry entry (or multiple ones) when you
> only know part of its name beforehand?

You mean something like a "find all" that spits out a list of
occurrences, rather than a find first / find next mode of operation?

Sure - albeit not with regedit, but a lesser known command-line tool,
`reg.exe`.

For instance, to search for anything in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" containing
"v3.7-beta", open a command prompt and run:

    reg.exe HKLM /s /f "v3.7-beta"

then go and make yourself a fresh cup of your favourite hot beverage.