POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paris by night : Re: Paris by night Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:39:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paris by night
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Aug 2018 03:06:57
Message: <5b7bba11$1@news.povray.org>
On 21-8-2018 2:28, Ton wrote:
> The atmosphere is good. Lighting is usually the most difficult to get right,
> especially in scenes like this, with not much light.
>
> Well done Thomas, I could learn a thing or two here.
>
> Cheers
> Ton.

Hartelijk dank!

Initially, the most difficult was to backward engineer from the
photograph. Camera position/orientation, lens characteristics, all that
is unknown from the start. Invaluable help came from the use of Tim
Nikias' Glare macros which allow for a background image in the scene.
That way I could reconstruct more easily perspective and size of the
different street and building elements.

Lighting and media were/are the next pain in my right foot big toe. I am
still not done there although I get gradually closer to what I want.
Patience is the keyword.

Tim Nikias' site can be found here: http://www.nolights.de/index.html
However, I cannot find the Glare macros there anymore. Somebody any
idea? Tim?

--
Thomas