POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ringworld (continued) : Re: Ringworld (continued) Server Time
20 May 2024 11:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ringworld (continued)
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 8 Aug 2018 19:32:18
Message: <5b6b7d82@news.povray.org>
On 8/8/2018 10:08 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> However, I had to double the height of the shadow squares in order to
> block out the sun. See the parameter `RWorld_Shadow_Square_Width`. I'm
> not sure why this was necessary, as the original height was equal to the
> sun's diameter, and should have fully blocked its light.

I am dumb. Instead of specifying the area light's axis vectors in the
form of:

     x * foo, y * foo

I was instead simply using:

     foo, foo

which is the same as:

     <foo,foo,foo>, <foo,foo,foo>

which is too long.

I fixed that and things are fine now. Doing another really big render at
the moment. It might take over a day to render.

Mike