POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ringworld (continued) : Re: Ringworld (continued) Server Time
10 May 2024 13:33:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ringworld (continued)
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Aug 2018 13:05:24
Message: <5b6b22d4$1@news.povray.org>

http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php?objectName=Ringworld&version=2.0&contributorTag=SharkD

> I also attached my latest render to this post. The shadow squares'
> widths now match what was apparently stated in the books. The shadowed
> regions on the ring look much better now.
>
> However, I had to double the height of the shadow squares in order to
> block out the sun. See the parameter `RWorld_Shadow_Square_Width`. I'm
> not sure why this was necessary, as the original height was equal to the
> sun's diameter, and should have fully blocked its light.

Do the two area_light vectors <Axis_1> and <Axis_2> extend beyond the
star's volume?

> Oh well.

I like the image especially the shadows cast by the shadow squares in
the solar wind. :)

Unfortunately I don't have CIE.inc or lightsys.inc installed. :(

--

Regards
     Stephen