POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ringworld (continued) : Re: Ringworld (continued) Server Time
10 May 2024 01:53:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ringworld (continued)
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 8 Aug 2018 10:08:38
Message: <5b6af966$1@news.povray.org>
Okay, I uploaded my scene to here:

http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php?objectName=Ringworld&version=2.0&contributorTag=SharkD

I also attached my latest render to this post. The shadow squares'
widths now match what was apparently stated in the books. The shadowed
regions on the ring look much better now.

However, I had to double the height of the shadow squares in order to
block out the sun. See the parameter `RWorld_Shadow_Square_Width`. I'm
not sure why this was necessary, as the original height was equal to the
sun's diameter, and should have fully blocked its light.

Oh well.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ringworld_foggy_save_03.png' (99 KB)

Preview of image 'ringworld_foggy_save_03.png'
ringworld_foggy_save_03.png