POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A method creat uniform thick shell : Re: A method creat uniform thick shell Server Time
29 May 2024 00:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A method creat uniform thick shell
From: Alain
Date: 28 Jul 2018 11:42:26
Message: <5b5c8ee2$1@news.povray.org>
Le 18-07-28 à 10:23, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> On 7/28/2018 9:53 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>> On 07/28/2018 09:48 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>>> I am trying to do the same, but am having trouble toning down the
>>> reflections. I can barely see through the glass, and the finish is
>>> reflecting too much and too brightly.
>>>
>>> Mike
>> just a guess .. diffuse and / or reflection too high
>
> Diffuse is 0. I can't judge properly how high reflection is.
>

> #declare F_Glass5 =
>    finish {
>      specular 0.7
>      roughness 0.001
>      ambient 0
>      diffuse 0
>      reflection {
>        0.2, 1.0
>        fresnel on
>      }
>      conserve_energy
>    }

If you reduce the ior, then, the reflection will also go down.

The minimum reflection is to high at 0.2.
Try :
reflection{0, 1 fresnel}
or simply
reflection{1 fresnel}

Try this interior :
interior{
  ior 1.5
  dispersion 1.05
  fade_colour Col_Ruby fade_distance 0.1 fade_power 1001
}

Col_Ruby is the same as Col_Glass_ruby but without the filter component.

With this pigment :
pigment{rgbt 1}