POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A method creat uniform thick shell : Re: A method creat uniform thick shell Server Time
18 May 2024 22:32:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A method creat uniform thick shell
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 23 Jul 2018 19:16:42
Message: <5b5661da$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/23/2018 7:55 AM, And wrote:
> I saw your links and not very understand what is that object function. Can you
> describe?

Normally, a person might create internal lines of latitude and longitude
on a sphere by drawing one outer shape and then simply scaling it
smaller as you go deeper inside the sphere. The macros I linked to
ensure that the *lines* are always the same thickness, throughout the
entire object.

An offset surface such as what is generated by your macro is ideal for
this purpose, when it's not possible to use regular CSG objects to
accomplish the same. (Isosurfaces are kind of slow.)

Mike