POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Circle of latitude : Re: Circle of latitude Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:59:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Circle of latitude
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 19 Jul 2018 20:27:39
Message: <5b512c7b$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/17/2018 10:31 PM, dick balaska wrote:
> On 07/17/2018 08:51 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> A very simple animation, but it took me most of the day.
>>

>> Mike
>
> That's awesome.  I'm impressed with the image mapping.
> (Another idea to steal for my space scene ;) )

Thanks! I'm working on doing the same with an ellipsoid, but have run
into some problems:

1. How do I map the texture to the ellipsoid? Do I apply the texture
before shrinking the sphere or after? (I *think* I should do the latter.)
2. Should I use geodetic latitude, geocentric latitude or reduced
latitude? (In this case I *think* the first one is the one to use.)

Mike