POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Weird behavior after closing VMWare Player : Re: Weird behavior after closing VMWare Player Server Time
26 Apr 2024 19:07:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weird behavior after closing VMWare Player
From: clipka
Date: 13 Jul 2018 09:57:35
Message: <5b48afcf$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.07.2018 um 04:57 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> On my host machine, when I close VMWare Player, I have to wait 5-10
> minutes to start it again. Otherwise, the program just kind of hangs and
> does nothing for a while.
>
> The weird part is, I have to wait 5-10 minutes before I can start
> POV-Ray too or it will be super slow. ON MY HOST MACHINE!!

So you're basically saying, "certain programs" run super slow on your
host machine if started within 5-10 minutes after closing VMWare Player,
with "certain programs" including both POV-Ray and the VMWare Player itself.

Well, then by the very definition of the word that's not a POV-Ray
specific problem.

More of a VMWare Player specific problem. Or maybe even a more generic
problem. My guess would be cleanup of resources used by VMWare Player.

But whatever the reason, it is most certainly not a bug in POV-Ray, and
therefore off-topic in this newsgroup.