POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Replaced animation with lower res. : Re: Replaced animation with lower res. Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:53:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Replaced animation with lower res.
From: dick balaska
Date: 7 Jul 2018 15:52:04
Message: <5b4119e4$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/07/2018 03:20 PM, Chuck wrote:

>> On 07/07/2018 11:56 AM, Chuck wrote:
> The program that creates the individual PovRay files is driven by a smallish
> parameter file. Owing to poor "backup hygiene" the program has been modified so
> that the original parameter file no longer works. I am working on a newer
> version that should be able to reproduce a reasonable look alike series of
> images. When it is working again I will make a 30 FPS animation that has 30
> rendered frames per second.
>
> I created a private gallery at:
>
> www.elevenmilephotography.com
>
> with a password of "povray" (no quotes). When the private gallery is entered it
> is possible to download the original MP4 exactly as it was uploaded. The file
> size is 25.1 MB. In case anyone is interested...
>
> Since the original AVI is still available, as an experiment I will encode a new
> animation with high quality set.
>
> Using ffmpeg: No worries on using the command line. What would it replace:
> VirtualDub or the ProShow encoding?

Minimally it would replace VirtualDub; convert *.png to x.mp4
Maybe ProShow wouldn't transcode it if it was already a palatable format
for it.

Here's my command line for a 720p video:
ffmpeg  -y -r 30 -i ttlo%4d.png -i ttlo.wav -s hd720 -map 0:0 -map 1:0
-crf 17 -c:v libx264 -preset slow -pix_fmt yuv420p -strict -2 ttlo.mp4

-y = overwrite existing .mp4 file
-r 30 = 30 fps
-i ttlo%4d.png = read ttlo0001.png through ttlo3280.png
           (ttlo%d.png would read ttlo1.png through ttlo3280.png)
-i ttlo.wav = audio file
-s hd720 = make a 720p video
-map 0:0 = put the video in the first stream
-map 1:0 = put the audio in the second stream
-crf 17 = video quality.  24-20 is nominal. 17 is a little better.
           higher numbers are smaller files and worse video
-c:v libx264 = use x264 encoder, i.e. standard .mp4
-preset slow = spend more time making good compression
-pix_fmt yuv420p = just because
-strict = lock the aspect ratio
-2 = because Mr. google said so.
ttlo.mp4 = output file

(My .png are rendered at 1280x720 with a 1:1 aspect ratio)

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)