POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpovray and debian : Re: qtpovray and debian Server Time
30 Apr 2024 02:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpovray and debian
From: dick balaska
Date: 28 Jun 2018 16:18:40
Message: <5b3542a0$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/28/2018 03:08 PM, jr wrote:
> hi,
>
> how does one re-open the render view + Consoles widgets after they have been
> closed?  a GUI usually has a 'view' menu entry to toggle such panels on/off.

I think I can add the 'view' menu.  Currently, it is Qt magic.
Right-click on one of the docking borders. That is, the "Resources"
header or the "Consoles" header. It will give you a list of available
windows to turn on and off.

> btw, the 'help' and 'sample scenes' are not installed (did not "make install"),
> and I get:
>
> xdg-open: file '/usr/share/qtpovray-3.8/scenes/index.htm' does not exist
> xdg-open: file '/usr/share/qtpovray-3.8/html/index.html' does not exist

If you didn't install them, that's pretty much what you get.  I am going
to dim those menu entries if they don't exist. And add a bit in the
config dialog so you can point to wherever those directories live on
your system.  I just added those two menus last night, having discovered
the pretty awesome distribution/scenes directory (open that in firefox).

> also, many of the 'PrintStatusChanged' warnings, and one Xcb error, it seems,
> per invocation.
>
> [19:23:28.805] WARN
> Unhandled PrintStatusChanged
>   ((null):0)

This is debug foo. I should remove it from production.  Basically povray
is telling me something I'm ignoring.

> [19:51:01.141] WARN QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 2374,
> resource id: 8682978, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0 ((null):0)

This one is interesting.  Um, what it means is um ...
I would guess maybe it's trying to draw to one of the windows you closed
(although Qt should be filtering that).

> would like to read the tutorial etc, but, probably because I'm a bit dense at
> times, the "compass" feature does not work for me, which "next" button?

Last night I copied
http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpov/
http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpovray/

and didn't fix the database driven navigation.  (I needed the url for
the debian package.) Use the first one and ignore the bits about a
separate websockets executable, and everywhere else read "qtpovray"
where it says "qtpov".
I am going to rework that so it can be included with the package.

> regards, jr.

Thanks for trying it out!

--
dik