POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpovray and debian : Re: qtpovray and debian Server Time
29 Apr 2024 03:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpovray and debian
From: dick balaska
Date: 22 Jun 2018 21:12:46
Message: <5b2d9e8e$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/22/2018 07:50 PM, jr wrote:
> hi,

 >> The correct magic words are
 >> CONFIG += c++11
 >>
 >> in each of the .pro files.
 >
 > ah, thank you for that.  qmake documentation is not installed on my
machine.

No loss there.  There are hundreds of magic words in qmake and the doc
only mentions the bare basics.  Everything else is google to find out
how someone else solved the problem.

My current quest is
      make install
or
      install {
         foo
      }
in a .pro file.  This gets 3 sentences in the doc. There is a wee bit
more to it than that.

>>> spot on.  adding that option allows the process to progress until make enters
>>> the 'qt/gui' directory, when compilation fails with missing headers (eg
>>> QtWidgets).
>>

>> I don't think qtpovray will build with Qt-4.8.
>
> correct, it's missing all the frontend stuff it seems.  (unless my memory is
> totally off, the library is organised substantially different from the 3.0
> version I upgraded to all these years ago)

You're probably not missing stuff.  Qt is all about the platform
independent frontend.

#include <QtWidgets>
is just a shortcut instead of including the 40 or so most common objects
individually.  I guess that is a Qt-5-ism.
(You could delete that line and then walk through the individual
undefined object errors. ;) )

Hmm, Now I wonder if qtpovray will build with Qt-4.8.
Certainly the websockets I was using is Qt-5, but that's not in this
edition.  I'll have to give it a try.

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)