POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpovray and debian : qtpovray and debian Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  qtpovray and debian
From: dick balaska
Date: 22 Jun 2018 07:39:18
Message: <5b2cdfe6$1@news.povray.org>
I was wondering if there might be a rough, pie in the sky, timeframe for
releasing 3.8.

There are currently 3 debian packages [1]:
povray_3.7.0.0
povray-includes_3.7.0.0
povray-examples_3.7.0.0

I will add 2 more:
qtpovray_0.1
qtpovray-extras_0.1

Should I call it 0.1?  3.8?  3.8.0.1?
qtpovray contains the executable and desktop
qtpovray-extras contains the glorious insert menu

Maybe I should call qtpovray-extras just povray-extras?

I want to leverage the existing povray-includes
which requires a release of package povray-includes_3.8.0.0
to pick up /usr/share/povray-3.8/includes .

Also, to get the .ini files especially /etc/povray/3.8/povray.conf
I need package povray_3.8.0.0 and we're not ready for that.

I could release a qmake built package povray_3.8.0.0 with the unix shell
version (and the /etc/povray/3.8 files I need). But that's not my call
(or true focus).  One bleh thing about that is the executable is
/usr/bin/povray , so one can't have 3.7 and 3.8 executables installed at
the same time, even though the data is already separated by version.

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)

[1] Ubuntu 18 has povray_3.7.0.4 , but I'm mostly working on Ubuntu 16
which is povray_3.7.0.0