POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FEATURE REQUEST: Reading HiRISE Format : Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Reading HiRISE Format Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:26:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Reading HiRISE Format
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Jun 2018 07:24:55
Message: <5b24f387$1@news.povray.org>
On 16-6-2018 9:58, clipka wrote:
> I guess what you mean are HiRISE DTM (Digital Terrain Models)
> /generated/ from the HiRISE data proper. From what I could find, the DTM
> format is a "32-bit [...] PDS standard raster file format."
>
> If you really want this to be implemented, you can help a lot by digging
> on the internet for a detailed description of the file format;
> unfortunately I don't have the time for that.

  I remember that, more than 20 years ago, I modelled height_fields
derived form DEM (Digital Elevation Model) GIS data I got from the USGS.
The data had to be converted first using an application provided by
USGS, iirc.

It seems that DTM is also GIS-based; see for instance:
https://gisgeography.com/dem-dsm-dtm-differences/

--
Thomas