POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transforming an image_pattern{} : Re: Transforming an image_pattern{} Server Time
26 Apr 2024 16:05:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transforming an image_pattern{}
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 May 2018 03:01:37
Message: <5b0e4c51$1@news.povray.org>
On 30-5-2018 1:37, Kenneth wrote:

>> If that doesn't work, I'm pretty sure no other construct will - except
>> of course for individually un-doing the transformation for each
>> component in the texture map:
>>
>>      #local Trans = transform {
>>        translate <...>
>>      }
>>
>>      texture {
>>        image_pattern { ... }
>>        texture_map {
>>          [0.0 pigment { ... transform { Trans inverse } ]
>>          [1.0 pigment { ... transform { Trans inverse } ]
>>        }
>>        transform { Trans }
>>      }
>
> Yes, it seems that something very similar (identical?) to that construction is
> required.
>
> Thomas, try this example; it *looks* like it works-- the image_map or
> image_pattern IS transformed, whereas the colors/pattern in the texture map are
> NOT (or rather, they are inverse-transformed to bring them back to the original
> look. I think!)  I made some simplifications to your code, so I could understand
> what I was seeing. And the 'use-alpha' feature is something I haven't played
> around with, until now.

The first suggestion by Christoph was correct and I somehow was blinded.
;-) I still need to get to what I want precisely though, which needs
more blood, sweat & tears from my part.

When satisfied, I shall post the image.

> Aside: In your code example, you have emission at 1.0. Are you actually seeing
> any effects of the NORMAL that way? I thought such an emission value would
> eliminate the normal's appearance (due to it being a 'lighting-based' effect.)

That emission is still an on/off addition from my part about which I
have not yet made up my mind. Not important for now.

Thanks for the thoughts!

[snip]

--
Thomas