POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : text on plane : Re: text on plane Server Time
26 Apr 2024 01:04:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: text on plane
From: Stephen
Date: 28 May 2018 08:57:19
Message: <5b0bfcaf$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/05/2018 13:20, Kima wrote:
> I tried to write on a plane with the code
>
> #declare text1 =
>      text {
>      ttf "timrom.ttf" "POV-RAY 3.0" 1, 0
>      pigment { Red }
>    }
>

> plane{<0,-10,-2>,4
>      texture{
>          pigment{
>              object{text1}
>          }
>      }
> }
>
> but it does not give the result I want.
>
> 1. The text does not appear (probably appears somewhere, which is not visible).
> 2. I cannot apply color to the pigment of the plane.
>
> What is the correct way to put a sex on a plane?

Other than your typo on the last line.

The text object needs to be called separately and it cannot be used as a
texture. So you need the plane and text1.
You might want to think of using an image map with writing on it for the
plane although a thin box might give better results as in PovRay planes
stretch to infinity.
The text object is a 3D object and has depth as well as height and width.

--

Regards
     Stephen