POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : comet effect by translate? : Re: comet effect by translate? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 21:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: comet effect by translate?
From: Alain
Date: 26 May 2018 12:32:37
Message: <5b098c25$1@news.povray.org>
Le 18-05-26 à 10:07, Kima a écrit :
> There are some examples in this newsgroup for building a comet composed of a
> head and tail.
>
> It is possible (in vector programs, for instance) to create a sense of moving by
> creating a series of the same object in which the tail is blurry.
>
> I wonder if there is such possibility to gradually translate (and reduce the
> scale) an object and make blurry effects for the tail?
>
> For this, blur should be something like that in vector programs rather than the
> focal blur of povray.

There is an experimental feature called blink that can be used when you
run UberPov.

That feature allow you to make any object, light and even the camera act
as if they are moving or not present all the time.
That feature effectively place several copies of the object and average
them. Those can be stationary to make ghostly objects. They can have
some path to make them blurry as if they are moving.

This have the advantage that any internal structure don't affect the
image as they would if you use transparency.