POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Using bezier_spline : Re: Using bezier_spline Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:57:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using bezier_spline
From: Alain
Date: 25 May 2018 16:08:01
Message: <5b086d21@news.povray.org>
Le 18-05-24 à 17:57, lelama a écrit :
> dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
>

>> I use the Colefax spline macro for all my spline needs.
>>
>> http://www.oocities.org/siliconvalley//lakes/1434/spline/index.html
>>
>> --
>> dik
>> Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)
>

> Interesting, thanks. The tension parameter seems useful in some situations.
> Would be interesting to get this parameter nativly in povray.
>
> By the way, is it possible to glue splines in povray. By gluing, I mean I have 2
> splines, one from points p0 to pn and the second one from points pn to pq. Then
> I would like to concatenate the 2 splines and get one spline from p0 to pq that
> I could use like a usual spline.

Yes, in a way.
If the spline is from a sphere_sweep, simply putting them into an union
will do the trick.

If you want a genuine spline that is the concatenation of two or more
splines, it's more complex : You need to edit the splines to make a
single one from the points of the original ones. If you have anything
else than a linear spline, you need to take care of the control points.