POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Restructured Parser wants Testing : Re: Restructured Parser wants Testing Server Time
5 May 2024 17:53:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Restructured Parser wants Testing
From: Stephen
Date: 24 May 2018 05:50:40
Message: <5b068af0$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/05/2018 09:04, Kenneth wrote:
>  From this, it makes me wonder if the bulk of the parse-time-speedup is in mesh2
> meshes and/or trace. Or maybe it isn't that simple to separate out where the
> improvements originate from(?)

Before I cleaned up the scene for posting. There were two large mesh2
opjects that were declared but not called. Using a density of 5000,
there was no significient difference in parsing times.
I thought you might be onto something as the difference in Pov file size
is 2230 KB to 596 KB.

--

Regards
     Stephen