POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Restructured Parser wants Testing : Re: Restructured Parser wants Testing Server Time
30 Apr 2024 23:46:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Restructured Parser wants Testing
From: clipka
Date: 23 May 2018 13:55:53
Message: <5b05ab29$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.05.2018 um 19:35 schrieb Stephen:
> On 23/05/2018 16:26, clipka wrote:
>> Not sure I understand what you mean. Would you change B3D, or would you
>> change POV-Ray?
>
> Sorry I missed this.
> B3D comes compiled with no source code. So for that to work it would
> need be a change in PovRay.

Then such a switch would add more trouble than it would solve.

I'll try to re-implement v3.8.0-alpha behaviour, which is to provide
special treatment for filename literals if `#version 3.7` or earlier is
specified, while treating them like regular string literals if `#version
3.8` or later is specified.

In either case, a warning shall be printed if single backslashes are
encountered in filename literals.

("filename literal" being any string literal in a place where the parser
specifically expects a file name, such as in `#include`.)