POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Restructured Parser wants Testing : Re: Restructured Parser wants Testing Server Time
30 Apr 2024 22:07:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Restructured Parser wants Testing
From: clipka
Date: 23 May 2018 13:51:17
Message: <5b05aa15$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.05.2018 um 18:53 schrieb Stephen:

>>> Which reminds me. I use that facility to overwrite the version number
>>> B3D exports by declaring it after the first one. Will that workaround
>>> still work?
>>
>> Uh... please elaborate. How would the resulting scene file look like?
>>

> #version 3.6;
>

> //------- Scene Raw Script Begin -------
> #version 3.7 ;
> //------- Scene Raw Script End ---------
>
> [The rest of the scene...]

If `#version 3.6;` is the very first statement in the scene, then that's
fine.(*)

If there's anything before that (other than whitespace and/or comments),
it is still fine unless you replace `#version 3.7;` with `#version 3.8;`.

(* In the sense that you won't get a parse error. It may have side
effects, e.g. the new v3.8 default values currently don't apply unless
you specify `#version 3.8` at the very first line. I intend to change
that though.)