POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Restructured Parser wants Testing : Re: Restructured Parser wants Testing Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Restructured Parser wants Testing
From: clipka
Date: 23 May 2018 08:26:22
Message: <5b055dee$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.05.2018 um 10:22 schrieb Stephen:
> On 22/05/2018 01:28, clipka wrote:
>> - Backward compatibility with scenes that use single backslashes in
>> literal filenames has been sacrificed, and will most likely not be
>> restored.
>
> This is going to cause me problems using SDL generated by modellers.

Care to do some name calling?

Techically, those modellers would have to be considered broken: To the
best of my knowledge, single backslashes as filename separators have
never been an officially supported feature.

That said, if the modeller in question should happen to be of reasonable
significance despite no longer being actively maintained, I may go back
to the drawing board after all.