POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Old media blob issue leading to a look at sturm / polysolve. : Re: Old media blob issue leading to a look at sturm / polysolve. Server Time
2 May 2024 06:03:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old media blob issue leading to a look at sturm / polysolve.
From: clipka
Date: 21 May 2018 17:13:30
Message: <5b03367a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 21.05.2018 um 22:35 schrieb clipka:

> I think that's a path worthwhile exploring further. My suggestion would
> be to use a macro - say "PRECISION_FLOAT" - to define a type to be used

Make that `PRECISE_FLOAT`; fits better with a series of similar types
already in use, `PreciseColourChannel`, `PreciseRGBColour` etc., which
are used for colour-ish data where `float` is not enough, most notably
the SSLT code. (Obviously, there the data type of choice is `double`,
and does suffice.)