POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : N (Captain Nemo) revisited : Re: N (Captain Nemo) revisited Server Time
3 May 2024 10:03:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: N (Captain Nemo) revisited
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 22 Apr 2018 03:37:02
Message: <5adc3b9e@news.povray.org>
On 20-3-2018 8:43, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Once in a while, I like to revisit an older scene and remodel it to
> current standards and my changing insights and skills. I did this lately
> with my entry to the TC-RTC back in 2008: "N". I still want to change
> some elements but the comparison over ten years of using POV-Ray are
> notable. Left, is the entry of 2008; right, the new version.

Following the comments, I re-assessed different elements, in particular
de-saturating some of the image_maps used. I also gave dynamic t-shirts
to the girls instead of the conforming ones in the original.

While re-processing through Poser, changing the facial expressions of
the girls, the flag was changed. The letter 'N' may not really be
visible any more but this version clears the head of Cathy which I find
better.

As far as I am concerned, my final version.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: