POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help ! : Re: Help ! Server Time
29 Apr 2024 15:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help !
From: MichaelJF
Date: 17 Apr 2018 17:48:08
Message: <5ad66b98@news.povray.org>
Am 14.04.2018 um 21:37 schrieb clipka:
> Yum.
> Looks crispy.

Many thanks, hope it is a little bit more crispy now...

Here my final image with SSS at the tiles implemented. It was a lot of
guess work since I did not really understand the central parameter of
translucency. The docs are a little bit silent about this parameter and
the sample source gives very high values. So I had to play a little bit.
But learning is no waiste of time;)

First I observed strange artefacts at the white tiles around the black
ones: Irregular thin black lines. Since they turned blue as I made a
test with a blue colored version of the round tiles, I played around
with the reflection parameters, but without any success. Then I came up
with the strange idea to use UberPov instead of POV 3.7: the artefacts
(and some radiosity artefacts under the "`cookie"' as well - can be seen
at my first post here) disappeared completely.

The remaining issue were the black tiles. I observed strange artefacts
at the surface and no specular reflection. I played around with the
parameters but got the best result by using a very dark grey finally
(White*0.0001). The SSS feature seems to call for some - even very small
- amount of colour and seems to run into problems by specifying no
colour (black) as the pigment.

Rendering time extended to 2 h 51 m 39 s at the same machine.

I have no other ideas what can be done with the floor so far.

Best regards
Michael

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: