POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : INVITATION: Join the Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamer! : Re: INVITATION: Join the Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamer! Server Time
18 May 2024 17:50:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INVITATION: Join the Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamer!
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 12 Apr 2018 11:16:57
Message: <5acf7869@news.povray.org>
Yes, all of what you are stating, is true - and already in progress. Hay
- I started to work on a WHILE that places thin yellow cylinders in the
rectangular area of the perch.

My main concern right now, however, is to get the textures right. The
grain visibility of the brown and yellow painted woods is how I want it,
but the directions cause me headache. I might have to develop a texture
for each direction, lots of rewriting. At the moment, the texture is
TRANSLATED randomly to avoid repeating patterns.

Another thing I really want to do is to apply some nice surface
reflections to the lumber, like those you see in these two attached,
wonderful images that are the result of other POV-Ray artists. A
challenge is that since I use a RANDOM TRANSLATE for the wood grain, I
need to apply the same values for the TRANSLATE inside the FINISH
statement. Lots of rewriting...

The deck texture is going to be a real hardship. I want to use a
modified BRICK pattern, where a wood texture is replacing the red brick
texture. That's the easy part and done already. But I also need to find
a way, to randomly TRANSLATE each texture INSIDE each brick to avoid
that the grain continues from brick field to brick field. That's my
challenge now. I opened already, days ago, another thread where I was
talking about this challenge.

---

http://www.avg.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '0007.jpg' (135 KB) Download 'unnamed.jpg' (111 KB)

Preview of image '0007.jpg'
0007.jpg

Preview of image 'unnamed.jpg'
unnamed.jpg